Before taking a look at the most important software in Graphic Designing, we should understand what do you mean by Graphics software? Graphics software or Graphic Design software is a collection of programs that enable a person to modify visual images.
Graphic designers use their own creativity and various software to design visuals. They create everything starting from websites to gaming. They put special effects for movies, and also work professionally in a variety of industries, like entertainment, education, and advertising.
The graphic designing software applications are very fascinating and they offer unique features. With the help of these tools innovative and creative designs can be created.
Some of the important graphic design applications are discussed as follows:
1. Adobe Photoshop- Image editing software
It is the most versatile and well-used program in the industry. Some of the other uses of photo editing, typographical, graphical, creative and professional uses of Adobe Photoshop in our daily life. Some other common uses of photoshop are product design, website mock-up designs, business card design, movie poster designs, various types of digital contents, branding and marketing material designs etc. You can even use this application to design, draw maps, satellite views, and environment, rivers, tree showcase in icons and small graphics. It is mostly used in Gaming Apps, Business listing portals etc.
- Its main use is to edit and retouch photographic images.
- It is also used for making website layouts
- Brighten a photo and make its colors pop using adjustment layers.
- Remove unwanted content
- Add creative effects on each layer
Our Student’s Work in Photoshop
1. Image Manipulation
2. Matte Painting
2. Adobe Illustrator
It is a vector drawing program. It is not only limited to artists and graphic designers. Those who are looking to create a website can create a mock-up through Illustrator, which they can use to create vector images that can be used over a wide variety of platforms. Since it is an Adobe product, Illustrator works seamlessly with other Adobe Programs in the Creative Suite.
- It is often used to draw illustrations, cartoons, diagrams, charts and logos.
- It uses mathematical equations to draw out the shapes.
Our Student’s Work in Illustrator
1. Company Catalogue
2. Product Packaging
3. Adobe InDesign
It is desktop publishing software. You can apply basic editing and effects to images in InDesign. You can also create simple vector illustrations using the Tools available in InDesign. If you need to create a layout with a combination of text, images and colour, or with either text or images alone, you can cope without a problem by simply using InDesign alone.
- It is used to create professional work like flyers, posters, brochures, magazines, newspapers, and books.
- It can also make content suitable for tablet devices in combination with Adobe Digital Publishing Suite.
Our Student’s Work in InDesign
1. Magazine Cover
CorelDraw is a flexible vector package. It provides users with different tools to create original images or drastically edit them. Some of the things users are able to do with the program are QR code generation, page layout and adding various special effects. This tool is used for making pattern designs from basic shapes & lines to complex ones which are used to make vector illustration, logos etc.
- It has an abundance of features like 5K and real-time stylus support, Live Sketch tool, enhanced vector previews, Healing Clone tool, the ability to copy, past and duplicate curve segments aimed specifically to inspire, enhance and aid an artist’s workflow.
- Users can easily add special effects to images, alter their contrast & color which can be applied for creating invitation cards to business cards or visiting cards.
Our Student’s Work in CorelDraw
1. Kids Showroom Poster
2. Press Ad
Lightroom is much more than a photo editor. It helps you import, organize, manage, and find your images. In turn, Lightroom is photo management and photo editing, combined into a single tool. is perfect for most basic photo editing, including (but not limited to) cropping, white balance, exposure, histogram adjustments, tonal curves, black and white conversion, spot removal, red eye corrections, gradients, local adjustments, sharpening, noise reduction, lens profile corrections, vibrant, and saturation.
- It is a non-destructive photo editor, meaning that you don’t have to worry about that pesky “save as” button. In fact, Lightroom has no “save” button at all. All of the edits are automatically kept in your Lightroom catalogs, which acts as your database of edits and history.
Our Student’s Work in Lightroom
1. Image Manipulation
2. Color Enhancement
It is the leading graphic design, desktop publishing, and page layout software for creative professionals. It’s used by hundreds of thousands of users around the world who value quality and performance in their daily production of print and digital projects.
- With QuarkXPress, you can easily convert content from print to digital formats, synchronise content between print layouts, digital projects and design for different device screen dimensions and orientations, share colour definitions, style sheets and other resources between different layouts
- It provides Bézier editing so you can remain in one application for page layout with high-end typography and vector drawing. With the non-destructive image editing capabilities, you can even manipulate images within the context of your design, without having to constantly switch to other image editing software.
Our Student’s Work in QuarkXPress
1. Tri Fold Brochure
2. Poster and Press Ad
Graphic Design Institute offers different courses like Graphic Master Plus, Graphic Master, Graphic Premium, Graphic Standard, Advertising Design, Multimedia Master, Multimedia Standard etc. All these courses cover the latest designing software. One can choose them depending upon the requirements and duration. Apart from learning all the above mentioned software, it is always recommended to have an on hand experience in sketching.
Graphic Design Institute is one of those few institutes who is providing this facility which will help students to learn the art of designing from the scratch. GDI focuses on the complete cycle starting from sketching classes, concentrating on the concepts of Visual Design Grammar and User experience designing, teaching all graphic designing software and advanced product and still photography, assessing various skills of students, helping students in making their portfolio and securing a position in the industry.