Are you planning to start your career in designing industry? When it comes to an industry like art and design, most of the aspirants got confuse in types of programs which are offered by a large number of institutions be it a government college or private institution. Very common program types are Degree, Diploma and Certificate. Today, we are going to see how these types of graphic design courses can make a big impact on your future career prospects.
Degree vs. Diploma Courses
Degree programs are long-term and hold a significant position when it comes to educational qualification. But it has been seen that with degree programs, chasing a good career in art and design industry is not completely possible. You are required to attain more advanced training to understand how actually a designer should work and what exactly is required to learn.
That is why most of the aspirants go for diploma programs after or while pursuing their degree in same stream.
Diploma vs. Certificate Courses
Usually diploma programs cover comprehensive topics with detailed session. That is why they lie in long-term category. A certificate program can be of 4 months at maximum. Certificate courses are good when it comes to learning just a basic software to create logos, stationery, items, posters, etc. But if you want to find out how color is decided, how do we play with fonts, how to select layout, and many more then you need to know the basics and start from the beginning where a diploma program comes into picture.
Important Software that you can learn in Diploma Programs
- Photo editing tool like Photoshop and Lightroom.
- Illustrator for making illustrations and vector graphics.
- CorelDraw for creating stationery items like visiting card and letterhead layout.
- InDesign to create layouts for newspaper, magazine, book, and newsletter.
- For UI, you can learn XD that stands for Experience Design.
- You can learn Sketchbook for creating digital paintings.
- Dimension is a software that is in trend nowadays. You can learn this too. It is helpful in presenting a plan 2d layout on 3d objects.
A diploma course is a combo of all of these tools.
Graphic design is called as an art of expressing the ideas and message of a brand to its audience through graphics. But for mastering it, you are required to not only set your hands on software but also on its basics fundamentals and elements. Diploma programs cover both design principles and software training. They offers a comprehensive curriculum and are planned to make you an elite designer.
So, now you understood the core differences; let’s take a look at the courses list.
Graphic Design Courses: Diploma
Institutes like Graphic Design Institute in Delhi offer various diplomas in graphic design. Below is the list of some of the popular one.
- A 12 months program like Graphic Design Master Plus is the best course to join as per the career prospects. This course covers everything you need to learn to become a complete designer who possesses sound knowledge of digital tools as well as planning, sketching, drawing, and visual grammar. Even classes can be conducted through online mode.
- An 8 months program like Graphic Design Master is one of the popular graphic design courses in Delhi. It covers pre-press as well as post-press content.
- A 6 months Graphic Design Premium is a diploma course of 6 months and most suitable for you if you are interested in not going for a long duration program.
There are some special programs for the aspirants who are looking for making career in Advertising designing or visualization.
- A 12 months diploma in advertising design is an ideal option to go for. From graphic, web to SEO, everything is included in it.
- To understand the structure of visualization, our institute has offered a 6 month visualization master course. It is a diploma and covers fine arts as well as digital techniques to create layouts.
Certificate Courses List
- A 4 months certificate program like Graphic Standard is an ideal choice to make when you want to learn photo editing as well as vector graphics creation within few months.
- Go for photo editing master if you are a photographer and want to edit images professionally.
In certificate category, aspirants have choice to attain training in single software.
So, this was a glimpse of some differences and types of programs that lie under diploma and certificate categories.
Hi all!! This is Preeti Bisht a student of ADMEC Multimedia Institute. I’ve pursued a digital marketing course here. With the help of this blog, I’ve tried to explain about the various graphic design courses being offered by Graphic Design Institute, an education partner of ADMEC Multimedia. I hope this blog was helpful for you.