When you learn a versatile software like Adobe’s Photoshop then you need to be extra cautious since it is not just a software; it is a complete new world of imagination full of creativity. Not all can master it in a day. It doesn’t really go well unless and until you learn it in a right way. To enhance your skills, this blog as come up with 5 cool tips that you can follow while pursing Photoshop courses from any graphic design training institute.
So, let’s see.
Relooking at the definition of Photoshop
It would be harsh to say that Abode Photoshop is a raster photo editing software. It is not only an image editing tool but it is way beyond that. It has all the capabilities to transform your ideas into reality on its digital canvas. This is what makes it a must learn software for every creative artist whether he/she is a UI designer or a digital painter.
Most popular tools that you should not miss:
- Selection tools: – Make any type of selections with the help of selection tools like Magic Wand and Quick Selection.
- Marquee tools: – Create geometric shapes like rectangle, squares, ellipses, single row and single column. Shapes come in the form of selection first.
- Brush: Use brush to paint like a real brush. You can create background, effects and paint in the 2d drawings.
- Pen tools: – The only tool that comes with vector capabilities in a raster tool like PSD. By using pen tool we can make paths which means we can create anything.
Now, coming to the main point now.
5 Tips to learn Photoshop
Learn keyword shortcuts: For learn Photoshop keyword shortcuts best step because in this many tools hence, don’t forget shortcuts. It does will get more experience. We can expert in it.
Press the following keyword shortcut keys to speed up your work process:
- V for Move tool
- M for Marquee tools. Also always use Shift key along with main tool key to switch between the same group options. For example, select rectangular marquee using M key and now if you want to select elliptical marquee then you need to press Shift + M. Use same way with other keys.
Please note that you actually don’t need to worry about the other tools’ short keys since every key is mentioned in the toolbar.
- Use space bar key for panning or for temporary holding the hand
- For moving to default colors (black and white) press “D” which stands for default here.
- In order to swap between foreground and background colours press “X” key.
- Create new layer using Clt+Shift+N
- Use Ctrl+J for duplicating the layers you are selecting at that moment.
- You can hold Alt key and drag using you mouse to create new copies. This method is an alternative of Clt+J keys.
- Inverse the colors using Clt+I
- Inverse the selection using Clt+Shift+I
Many more shortcut keys are there that you can use, follow Edit menu to find out a complete list.
Experiment new types of design: To get a good understanding of all concepts being taught during Photoshop classes at your institute, you need to try new things out of those which you learnt. For instance, try to create different patterns out of one you learnt to create by repeating the shapes in new ways.
Start with easy to learn tools: Tools like Pen and Brush are considered as advanced when it comes to a beginner user. They come up with lot of options and settings which sometime seem complex to grasp. Jumping on them directly without touching other is not recommended. So, it is better to explore the easy one first. Lasso, marquee, gradient, type, etc. are easier to work with at beginning.
Focus on HD image editing: Using high definition images is always recommended when it comes to editing photos in any editing software. Same goes here. Don’t just use any image. Be choosy while selecting pictures to edit. Check quality and size first. There are many websites like Pexels and Unsplash where you can find free HD stock pictures to download.
Practice, Practice and Practice: This is the key of all. Go for practice daily and repeat the leaned things multiple times. Soon you are going to see the result. Practice is what makes you capable of mastering any art.
By following the given tips, it is certain that you’ll get your hands on this software. But for becoming its master and acquire the required skills you need to pursue a complete Photoshop course.
Photoshop Course from Graphic Design Institute
Graphic Design Institute is an ideal Photoshop training institute in Delhi since it offers different type of courses for mastering this software.
Our institute has been providing Photoshop training for last 15 years and trained thousands of students.
Course like Photoshop Master is one such amazing photo editing course that deals with both basic and advanced concepts of PSD.
Are you too interested in joining this master course of 2 months? Give us a missed call on +91 9811818122 or contact us to apply for a free demo today.